Tips and tricks are a must.
Find out below how to prepare yourself to become a glowing beauty for this summer season….
1. Exfoliate or maybe not! It aggravates me when vendors hawk there expensive body exfoliators when it can be a completely unnecessary process before self tanning. No dry skin? No need to exfoliate. If you have rough, dry skin then purchase an inexpensive exfoliators as any will take care of your dry skin problem areas that need to be prepped for self tanning.
2. Shave you legs prior to applying your self tanner. Some say that shaving your legs can create sensitivity to self tanners. If you tend to have sensitive skin, then proceed with a bit of caution. Most women will not have a sensitivity problem with the self tanner application process right after you shave.
3. Always apply Self tanner just after your shower or bathing. Towel Dry your body.
4. You may choose to wear rubber gloves at this point…I don’t. Gloves may be a good idea if you are a true beginner when it comes to using sunless tanners.
5. Apply a dab of moisturizer on those problem areas that seem to absorb and grab the color. The areas of added concern are thehands (primarily fingers, Feet, Knees and Elbows.
6. Do not ruin your manicure. You should apply oil to your finger and toe nails, nail beds and cuticles prior to applying self tanning. Self tanner will seem to end up where you don’t want it.Spend a little extra time on careful attention to details. You will be pleased with the results. Proceed with caution…ONLY KIDDING.
7. If you are planning on self tanning your face then apply a light layer of moisturizer 1st. This will keep your face from getting to dark or depositing to much color where you do not want it. Pay close attention not to blend into your hairline as it will give you a very dirty type of look at the hairline. Remember that if you have a dark spot, age spot or mole on you face that it will also absorb the color and deepen. Always error on the side of less is more on your face. It is never a problem with self tanner to deepen your color with just another application about 2 hours later.
* Do not forget to put tanner on your ears and the back of your neck. As always, wash your hands thoroughly after you tan your face. Generally, I would recommend your face should be your last area that you tan.
8. Begin below the knees, Put a dab (about a dime) on your shin. Apply over shin and calf in a quick circular motion. Work your circular motion all the way down to your feet. Now, add another dime to your mid-thigh area on the same leg. Repeat the circular motion. If you are not using gloves then your will want to wash your palms of your hands and dry. Following the same instructions above do your other leg, stomach, back, arms, chest. If you are not using gloves then make sure to wash and dry your palms after any larger area. In final, apply to the tops of your hands and make sure you do not have any excess in between your fingers. Wash tanner off of palms with a washcloth.
I always apply my favorite moisturizer about 15 minutes after tanning. I find that it always insures that I have a beautiful even tan with no streaking.
Umm! What to wear? Be careful not to dress too soon after your application. Self tanner is not bulletproof and loves to transfer. Wait about 45 minutes to put on anything that you do not want to wash pretty quickly. Do not wear white for several hours after a tanning application.